September 10, at 12:00 pm noon, CT, 2014
Online Course for all participants
September 22 - October 27, 2014
- Face to face workshops at NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX
October 19 - October 24, 2014
- Post Online Course for all participants
October 27, 2014
Application Deadline: September 10, at 12:00 pm noon, CT, 2014
To be eligible to apply to the activity you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen (not open to foreign nationals).
- Be a student attending a Minority Serving Institution.
- Be a PK-12 prospective teacher.
- Be a full-time college student.
- Have an overall 3.0 Grade Point Average or higher.
- Be a rising junior or senior going into the PK-12 classroom, or a graduate student in PK-12 education with no classroom experience.
- Have successfully completed at least one math or science class.
- Be in attendance for the entire institute, including the online activities and the face to face workshops.
- Complete assigned work prior to arriving to the PSTI Institute.
- Complete assigned work during the PSTI Institute.
- Have a current e-mail address.
- Have a current phone number.
- Have not previously attended a Pre-Service Teacher Institute at one of the NASA Centers.